Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Another Monday

I started a contest with a friend to see who could loose the most weight. We are each putting in $10.00 and whoevere looses the most weight for that week wins the $20.00. So yesterday after the first session of conference, her and husband come over with a plate of homemade, wheat, cinnamon rolls. We started our diets on Thursday and I have gotta say, it's been dang HARD! But, I did fine up until yesterday when the plate of cinnamon rolls arrived. First I just stared at them thinking that maybe I was having a dream, then I tasted just a little corner. Well, that did it. I ATE THE WHOLE THING! Boy was it good. I went to bed with an upset stomach and am regretting my lack of self control, but I am back on the wagon today!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! Nice that you have a blog. You can do it Marilyn. Sounds like a bit of sabatoge!:) Eat it and move on. I always beat myself up over food, not worth it.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty hillarious. You know you must come up with a good payback for your friend or how else are you going to win? Justing Kidding! Good luck on your goal, you can do it!

Valerie Ipson said...

As if you have weight to lose, Marilyn! But good luck. Here's a weight loss tip: Next time someone brings you cinnamon rolls--you know where I live!--I am a true friend, I will eat them in your place. (Cinnamon rolls by proxy!).

Chelley said...

Nice to see you in the blogging world! I also suspect sabotage in the cinnamon roll dept. I just made a batch this afternoon and thought about using wheat flour and then figured they wouldn't taste very good. I may have to try that now! I miss you and hope your family is doing well!!