Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just Walking

I love to walk in the mornings. It is so beautiful, peaceful, quiet, and cool outside. It is kind of my time to ponder lifes problems and think of what my day entails. However there are some mornings that I just want to stay in bed and sleep. I have made the mistake of routinely getting up and taking my dog on my walks. She loves to get out and she senses when our usual time of departure is. Now if I even attempt to sleep in, she wanders around my bedroom, whining and jumping up to make it impossible to sleep. Dang Dog! It's funny cause on Saturday and Sunday she knows it is a non-walk day and leaves me alone. As I get dressed, she starts whining louder especially when the shoes come on. She paces and circles the coffee table, darts under my legs as I tie my shoes and then nose bumps me on my way to get the leash. It makes me laugh that a simple thing as taking her for a walk makes her so happy. I guess there is a lesson for me to learn and that is to take pleasure in the simple things in life. When someone calls to set up a lunch date, or go get frozen yogurt, I do get excited. Mind you I don't wag my tail or whine, but I get that excitement of being able to spend time with good friends and family. So, if you are in the mood to get out of the house for a little while, I'm the one to call!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I would love to go on a lunch date with you!!!! Sweet post!!!!!