Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nothing New

I haven't had much happening to post on my blog, and what has isn't exactly blog worthy. This past week I had been sick with the stomach flu. I spent a lovely 3 days getting to know the porcelain god more than I ever wanted. The good thing is that nothing really tastes good. Since I had Mexican food the night the flu started, the thought of any kind of green sauce or any type or place to eat Mexican food doesn't thrill me. I have been craving chocolate as that seems to never go away! Now Tommy has been sick with the head, throat thing and has been moping around the house for the past few days. It is so hard to get caught up on housework when your spouse is sick and complains because I won't sit down. Hello! Who else around here is going to get things done. I did notice that he wasn't too sick to golf on Friday, so there is no more sympathy!
Tonight Andy brought his girlfriend over to eat with us. As we were talking I found that there are things in my son's past that I really didn't need to know. I was a very good kid in school and was way too afraid to get in trouble. I guess because my older sister was quite the hellion and I saw all the trouble my parents went through. Well tonight I found out about the many times that he spent in study hall or whatever it is called when you get in trouble at school. Of course now we can laugh about it, but I would have been so mortified back then. Luckily he has grown up a bit and college tends to change your perspective on life. Since he's been paying for his education he takes it a little more seriously. Yeah, he's growing up!!

2 comments:

Stephen and Erin said...

OH YUCK! I hope you are feeling better! If your husband is feeling good enough to golf I think he should be feeling good enough to get you some chocolate!

Chelley said...

I am sorry you have been sick! Andy is a good kid and it's great he is growing into a good man!