Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Day

With the heat of summer here and the long days, I really haven't felt like doing much of anything so I thought it would be fun to share my nothing days.
First. I tend to wake up at the most unheard of hour in the morning. This morning it was the ripe old hour of 4:30 a.m. Why, you might ask? I don't know but it sure is annoying especially when all you really want to do is sleep in like your 21 year old kid who has no problem sleeping in until 10:30 or 11:00.
Second. I think about going to the gym to get my cardio work out in. I start out really dedicated and committed on Monday, but by Wednesday my dedication has waned. I really have tried to make the effort to get there 4 days a week, but sometimes I just don't have it in me.
Third. Make my bed and head off downstairs to get a drink of water and take medications. I feel so old! My mother got up and took medications first thing in the morning. When did I become my mom?
Fourth. Since I am already downstairs, and it is quiet, and no one is around to steel the remote on the TV I start my channel surfing to see if there is a good movie on TCM or one later that I can record. This is the ONLY time I am able to have the downstairs TV to myself. Either Andy is home or Tommy comes home early from work and I am bannished upstairs to watch in the bedroom.
Fifth. I am up and down the stairs at least 50 times a day because half way up or half way down I have forgotten something and need to go back and get it. You would think I would look like Twiggy with all the up and down the stairs walking I do. I think it is because when I am downstairs I usually pop a chocolate in my mouth and if I am upstairs, I am on my way downstairs to get a chocolate.
Sixth. I stew for hours trying to think of something creative to fix for dinner. It is always a gamble to plan dinner at my house cause either they are not hungry, or they don't want what I have planned to cook. So, all my stewing goes to waste cause I usually give up and we do a grab night. Right now I blame it on the heat. I am going to have to come up with another excuse when the weather starts to cool.
Seventh. I faithfully watch the Gilmore Girls during the week. I have seen all of the series at least 5 times and still laugh at it.
Eighth. Nap time.
Ninth. When evening hits, this is the time I get glued to the TV. I am ashamed to admit that I am hooked on just about all of the evening programs. When I can't watch them, I record them. It truly is a sickness.
Tenth. Eight or nine p.m. comes rolling around and Tommy and I head upstairs to lay on the bed and watch whatever might be on. I think this is why I wake up so stinking early is cause once the head hits the pillow I am out. At least most of the time, and if I don't fall asleep before Tommy, he keeps me awake snoring. I do tend to wake up around 1:00 a.m. to check and make sure Andy is in and all the lights are out. I really need to try to get a more excitement into me life and then maybe I can stay awake a little longer.
(Sorry for the long and I am sure BORING post!!)

6 comments:

Wendi said...

We are turning into our mothers, but really is that a bad thing!!!

Chelley said...

I love the comment, "When did I turn into my mother!" Made me laugh! It's ok to have a boring life, it sounds like heaven to me!

Brittney Blount said...

That was actually a pretty funny post. Twiggy?? I've never heard that before! Funny!! I avoid the heat too. You need to join me on the treadmills at the gym. Maybe if I have someone to chat with I will stay on them a little bit longer.

Anonymous said...

Want to trade? I think it sounds like a perfectly wonderful day. You are great, totally accept the up and down of the stairs as your cardio.

Anonymous said...

haha, this post made me laugh! "when did I become my mother?" loved it! My parents snored like crazy, so I feel Tommy's pain! haha :)

AZ Larsens said...

I love Gilmore Girls! Someday I plan to watch the whole series. I missed the first couple and got into it late.