A few days ago, I thought to myself that was time to make some changes in my life. Not big, huge, "I'm having a mid life crisis" change, but just some simple things to make life a little easier and not stressful. I know that I retired from work about 3 years ago and that I shouldn't have stress in my life, but somehow it just creeps in.
1. I need to do something about my lack of hearing. I am constantly riding Tommy about his snoring and not breathing when he sleeps, so we made a deal that if he had that checked out, I would have my hearing checked out. Well he has the appointment for the sleep study, but I have yet to make the appointment to get the hearing checked. It is really frustrating because I can't hear people when they whisper, and it is especially bad when there is a lot of background noise. I also have to have the TV up really loud in order to hear everything. I was thinking I would wait until October, but I guess I should go in a little sooner than that.
2. Maybe try to cut back on my TV watching time. I watch way too much TV! I am a HUGE procrastinator and the problem is because I tivo stuff and then I have to make the time to watch it, and I really want to watch it. Monday through Thursday there is always something, 24, Lost, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Fringe, Bones, Law and Order SVU, The Gilmore Girls, and the list goes on. This list doesn't include any great old movies I can find. Anyway I have noticed that I will sit and watch and a thought will come to me to go buy paint for my spare bedroom, but I just ignore the thought and I never get it bought.
3. Cut back on my carbohydrate intake. Now I am not going to try to do the Adkins diet, but I really think it would be beneficial for me to cut way back on the sweets, breads, crackers, pasta, rice, potato carbs. I started this because I noticed my eating was getting way out of hand and I was feeling really crappy. I've done it for 3 days, and thought I was going to die the first 2 days, but today wasn't awful. I even went to lunch with some friends and stayed cleared of the carbs. Hopefully I can keep with it.
4. Say something nice to my family everyday instead of being my sarcastic self. I really noticed that I don't say thank you as much as I should and nit pick and stuff that is really not very important. I have to say the life at the Campa household has been so much better the last few days.
5. Not be so hard on myself. Of course, we are all our worst critics, but seriously, why? Life's too short to not be happy with who we are. Yeah, I do want to make changes, but just changes that will make me happy with myself. Not like I'm going to go out and do liposuction, but feel better mentally and physically. Tommy got a wake up call from the doctor the other day and I think it made us both want to change a little.
Well that's my list. It's not too long, and it's not too hard to do. Who knows, by next month you could all see a newer and more improved Marilyn!