Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Tongue...Ouch!!

Well you are probably wondering why I am posting about my tongue and I am too. Maybe my life has gotten so boring that I am starting to post really strange things. Anyway, here goes.
I have had a small lesion on the tip of my tongue for almost 2 years. Underneath the lesion is a taste bud that every so often gets inflamed and then the lesion swells, and bugs me. A few weeks ago I was at the dentist and mentioned it and he suggested I get it removed. Well first thing this morning I went and had it cut out. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. They numbed my tongue with Novocaine, and I have to say, it was not a pleasant thing. But once it took affect, I felt nothing. The strange part is having a very numb tongue! Can't talk very clearly and the stitches feel very strange, but so far it doesn't hurt. I am sure once all of the numbness wears off, it will be pretty tender.
Well here is a before and after picture. Sorry, but the after picture isn't very clear, but you can see enough. I know, no pictures at all would be enough!


Before
After

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh My Word Girl.... What the heck!!! You are crazy to do all these weirdo things to your nose and now your tongue!!! You've got gutts that's for sure. Owie Owie Owie. My foot is not fractured just a really badly bruised bone, which they say is sometimes worse. So I am sporting a very fashionable orthopedic shoe:) Oh yeah I know you want one. I am going to bedazzle it!!!:) Feel better and let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Did I mention Owiee!!!!

Chelley said...

Ouch! and kinda Ewww, too! lol I hope it doesn't hurt too badly when the numbness wears off!!

Anonymous said...

I love you that you posted those awesome pictures of your tongue! You rock in my world girly!

Marilyn said...

Yeah, the pictures are a little icky!

Valerie Ipson said...

Stay away from doctors for awhile now, will you. You're perfect.

Sunderhaus Family said...

*rolling on the floor laughing*
I am so intensely happy that you would post this. Hope you feel better soon!