Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Color Do I Paint My Bedroom

If you know me at all, and follow my blog at all, then you know I am always painting. The problem now is that my bedroom has never been painted. Yes we still have the ugly, dirty, non-washable flat paint that was used when the house was built. Yes, I am ashamed to say that is the case. I can give you 100 excuses, like I stubbed my toe on the way to buy the paint, my car wouldn't start, I got the chicken pox and couldn't leave my house for two weeks, and yes the list would go on and on. When really the truth be told is that I haven't been able to commit a color of paint to my walls. My bedroom and bath are combined without any door (don't get me started on all the reasons of why I hate that) and the room is vaulted. So when I paint, it will be something that will last me until I either move or die, whichever comes first. So, all of my blogging friends, I picked out some pictures that had some paint colors I liked, and some I didn't, and am asking that you vote and let me know what you like. Granted I can't get new furniture, but I am thinking about painting my brass headboard black. (You can look at my "making the bed" post to see part of the room.) So vote away, give me suggestions, tell me to go jump in a lake, but give me an opinion!!

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

Picture #5

Picture #6

12 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color in picture #2, picture #6 would be my second choice. It's a very rich color that's beautiful! Just my opinion though!(:`

Rachel Hanchett said...

I love 2 and 5, good luck picking a color is always hard for me too!

Wendi said...

I vote picture #2, it is totally my favorite and I think it is a keeper forever. I really really love that color and it would look beautiful. I also agree that spray painting your brass bed black would be a great move as well. Good luck with the vault (maybe you could get Jenica to help!!!) I am so hillarious! :0)

Brittney Blount said...

Will you come paint Carver's room. It still ugly white.

AZ Larsens said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE #2, and #6 is my second choice.

Chelley said...

I also love #2. That is almost the exact color I painted my bedroom before we moved. :( It looked great on the walls. I have a black wrought (spelling??) iron bed and then wood night stands and a wood armoire and it looked great with the furniture. Its a relaxing but sophisticated color.

I also like #4 or and #5 if you want to stick with a more neutral color. It as scary for me to go with that color as I always chose neutrals before but I was sooo happy with my choice! Good luck and let us know what you decide!

theleavittranch said...

this is all sounding the same but i really like #2 and #6 i could not believe we all picked the same ones. good luck and can't wait to see the final results.

Valerie Ipson said...

I love 4 and 6!

Carla said...

I like #2. It caught my eye immediately. I have never known anyone who paints as much as you do. I am sure it will look great. You have great taste and your house always looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

#2 :)

Sunderhaus Family said...

#2 and #6...
by the way I love the way you write

Terina said...

I would say 2 or 6!!!