Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Other Stuff

I have been a very bad
blogger lately. Really there just hasn't been much to blog about. I will do a short update on all the non-happenings in the world of the Campa Lampa's.

We spent Thanksgiving day with Peanut's family. It was a fun day although I missed spending it with my family. I also forgot my camera so there aren't any pictures. DUH! Tommy did his usual golfing thing that morning and I went over to the Gerard's at about 11:00. All the girls and little guys went and saw Tangled. Cute movie! Then went back and finished making all the fixings for the dinner. Tommy finally got there and then we ate. I gotta say, the food was so good and the company was great, too! The best part about having Thanksgiving at someone else house is that you don't have to clean up. Actually they have 5 girls that did all the dishes while the rest of us laid around and watched football. All in all, it was a great day.

I have this little primary calling at church and teach the 7 year old. I am so not loving it. I have truly tried to put my heart into it and it just isn't happening. I need a serious attitude adjustment because I have a feeling that I am going to be there for a while. We had tithing settlement and I expressed my feelings to the bishop. If you know me at all, I really don't hold back if asked, so I spilled my guts out. Evidently, I am suppose to be there because nothing has happened. I have 10 kids in the class and a few of them are a challenge. When one gets going they all get going then mayhem erupts and I have lost all control. Lately, another adult has come into the class which has helped. I am moving up to an older class at the first of the year so I am hoping that the dynamics will change with an older class. I'm also hoping that my attitude will change as well!

Well the newlyweds are still here and Andy applied for a job at SRP. We are praying and keeping our fingers crossed that he gets the job. This will mean more money, insurance benefits for both of them, and the possibility that they can afford a place of their own. I love them both, but really would like for them to experience being on their own and truly being a married couple.

Well the Christmas decorations are out and I need to get them up. I get a little claustrophobic with all the extra stuff in my house. It's really not that much more, and I am always glad to get the stuff down and put away right after Christmas. So, I am off to decorate and grocery shop. I hate to grocery shop because then you have to put it away and then cook it! Such a vicious circle!!

1 comment:

Sunderhaus Family said...

Its like laundry, right? NEVER ends. That is why I like dusting. At least it stays done for a minute!

"Tommy's golfing thing" - that made me laugh.