Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Well as usual, the Campa family celebrated Christmas with a big party. This year was not my year to host the event, but sister in law was too busy getting her daughter's wedding underway. We had so much fun and so much food, but as usual it was all almost gone! We had shredded beef for tacos, beans, rice, tamales, homemade salsa and guacamole, veggies, and some really great desserts. I gained 10 lbs just looking at all the stuff!
After we ate we played our annual white elephant gift exchange game. I love playing this game because for the last few years we have gotten such fun gifts. This year I got a night light that is a smaller version of the lamp the dad gets in the movie "A Christmas Story". Tommy got a piggy bank, shaped like a pig, that counts the change as you put it in. We already have $75.00 saved!

We all crammed into my family room to play all the games I had arranged. There were 30+ of us and we all had so much fun. Above is a picture of Penny, her son Michael, and his wife Alexa.


This is Tommy's brother Sergio and his wife Jewelie. Not sure what she is doing or even why she is doing it!

Peanut and Andy are patiently waiting for the gift exchange to start.


Opening up my first gift, which was a nightgown, but then had to switch with Jewelie and won the night light.

All of us, including the dog, on the stairs for are annual Christmas picture. I am at the very top with Penny.


The next morning after opening our gifts, we went over to Peanut's family and ate breakfast and watched Andy and Peanut open up their gifts. Yes, I went over in my pj's and no I did not take a shower. I did however put a bra on! Besides, all the Gerard's were in their pj's!


Melanie made Peanut an apron out of one of her bridesmaid dresses from her wedding. It zips in the front and of course we heard other various ideas on what else the dress could be used as. I so don't want to know!!



Andy got a couple of ties and he is giving Christina a lesson on how to properly tie a tie.

Jerry made breakfast for all of us. Omelets, waffles, fresh fruit, salsa, chips, and hot chocolate. There went another 10 lbs on the old body!!


While we were there, their son called from Russia and we were able to listen and talk with him. He is serving a mission and it was fun to listen and see how much he has grown up.

After breakfast we went home and cleaned up so we could go back and eat dinner. This is a picture of all of us before we ate. Jerry said that this year was lonely as only 7 of the 12 kids were home. Ha ha!! Anyway we had a great time. New Years day we are off to the Fiesta Bowl to watch the game. Don't ask me who is playing, let's just say I am going to people watch!

2 comments:

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Wonderful memories! Happy New Year.

Amber Waters said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! I love reading your blog, you are soo funny. Miss you!