Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Has It Been This Long

Wow, I haven't blogged for a very long time. I guess I haven't had much of a life and so I haven't had much to blog about. So, here is the scoop of the events in the life of the Campa's.

1. My niece got married. It was so much fun. Tommy and I danced like we were a whole lot younger than what we are! But it was family, and strangers I didn't know so who cares...right?
2. My friend Ginger came to visit from Texas. It was probably not a good time for her to come because she found out that her husband got laid off from his job. But she came and stayed for almost 2 weeks. We had a great time. Shopped, ate, exercised, shopped some more, and visited her family. We went to Prescott and spent the night. We shopped at the antique stores, ate at Murphy's, and brought home a pie from Berry's. They make the BEST pie!
3. I went to the doctor today because my allergies have been bugging me and I have this stupid rash on my back that I can't seem to get rid of. I also have been having problems with my hearing aid, so I wanted the doctor to make sure it wasn't wax built up in my ear. Well after $120.00 and 6 prescriptions later I find out that I also have a sinus infections and swollen glands. I went to the hearing aid place to find out that the piece that goes from my ear to the piece that sits behind the ear was not working. That was just a mere $50.00. At least I didn't have to pay another $1,500 for a brand new hearing aid. Seriously, I am blogging about a hearing aid? I am OLD!
4. I finally....FINALLY got my bedroom and bathroom painted. (Don't fall off of your chair!) I also got bedding to match the paint on the bed. It looks really good and I am very happy with it. I know, where are the pictures, well they are coming. I still have to replace a purple throw with something that will match the bedding and then I will post pictures. Keep in mind, I don't have any pictures yet, but I am looking.
5. Well Valentines Day came and went, with very little fanfare! Tommy got me a very sweet card and Andy and Peanut got me a card and some flowers. The card made me cry and the flowers were so pretty! Tommy and I don't really exchange gifts for Valentine's and that's okay. I would rather save the money for something big.
6. So this weekend we are headed up to Roosevelt for our annual trip. I have been dieting this week so I can go hog wild this weekend. The food is the highlight of the trip. Eat at El Rey on the way up. Steak and shrimp one night. Roast, carrots, potatoes one night. And that doesn't include the snacks and desserts. I know I will pay for it the week we get back, but I'll just have to spend a little more time at the gym the week we get back. Oh feel the burn!!
Well that about gets me caught up from the past few months. I will post pictures later of bedroom, Roosevelt, and whatever else comes to mind.
Happy Valentines Day (a day late!)

2 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

You make me laugh--I did almost fall off my chair ;) I miss seeing you, but thanks for the update!

Wendi said...

It has been way to long, our lives are Jim Dandy aren't they. It sounds like you and Ginger had an amazing time, did she get home safe and sound? Hope you got Jordan's e-mail. We really need to get together.