Thursday, March 10, 2011

She's At It Again

I have quite the talented daughter in law. She is so creative and patient! She has made several cakes for family members and co-workers. This is one that she did that turned out so awesome!


Whenever she decides to do one of her creations, it is a huge undertaking. Good thing I have plenty of counter space!


Andy usually helps in these creations, but I think he is mostly there so he can eat the cake that gets trimmed off.


The baked potato cake had about 7 layers of cake and frosting. This one was only 2 or maybe 3. Let's face it, I'm not that creative and I was just there for the cake scraps too!


Yes, it will be a guitar cake. My idea was to just frost the "rock band" guitar and have a store bought cake. Luckily she ignored me.

Cutting out the pattern.


Chocolate cake, my favorite!


The finished product. She used 2 cookie sheets so she could transport it more easily.


Rock on Shelley...whoever that is!





This was another cake she did. So very cute!

I'm so glad that I have a daughter in law that can do these things, because as I said before, I'm not that creative nor patient!!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh my word, she is really good at that. I am so impressed. It takes way too much patience. I use to make all of our kids cakes and they were fun, but that is incredible. We really need to do lunch.

Sunderhaus Family said...

Patience is over-rated. I am more the "eat the cake mix and frosting out of bowls" variety. Okay, not that bad.

Props to her on an amazing cake! I need tips...I always seem to crumble the edges and the frosting gets stuck to the crumbs.