Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Funk

It has been awhile since I have posted anything and not so much because I haven't done anything wonderful, but more because I have been so lazy! August for me was such a horrible month. I really dislike the heat and the average temperature for August was 109 degrees. I pretty much went from getting up and exercising early, getting my cleaning done and errands run, that by the time it was 10:00 I was done for the day. So I spent most days parked in front of the TV or over at a friends and trying so hard not to spend money I didn't have. You know how when you're bored it's so easy to get out and spend, spend, spend. Well now that it is getting a little cooler, and I have a trip to Utah planned, I'm starting to get out of my funkiness.
Last week I decided to do a thorough cleaning of my house. I cleaned my kitchen from the top of the cupboards to the floor. I also cleaned out my closet. Oh what a chore that was! When all was said and done, three large black garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, bags, and other unwanted things that I don't wear. It felt so good to get rid of all the stuff that I hung onto for whatever the reason.
I bought at St. Vincent De Paul's thrift shop a dining room table and 6 chairs. I have been waiting for the weather to cool off a bit before I begin the job of stripping, re-staining, and reupholstering the chairs. I really am excited to begin the work and get it done and see how it looks in the house.
Well I still need to pack and get thinking about what to have for dinner. I'll post Utah pictures and before pictures of my soon to be new, refurbished, dining room set!

2 comments:

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

Have a fantastic trip. Glad you are out of your funk. You have to post before and after pics of your table. Can't wait.

Valerie Ipson said...

Hope you're having a great time in Utah!