Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Utah or Bust

I've been home from Utah for 2 week and am just now getting around to blogging about my adventures. My friend Wendi, well honestly she is more like my sister but that's another post. Anyway she asked me if I would like to go with her to Utah to visit her daughter and son in law, Curt and Jacque, for 2 weeks. Of course I jumped at the opportunity! Wendi and I have a blast together and for some odd or maybe it's because we just get along so well, we don't tired of each other and very rarely fight. So, off we went. It took us 17 hours to get to Logan where Jacque lives and is attending school. (Stupid construction!) Anyway we finally got there and stayed up until 1:00 a.m. talking and laughing. Well the laughing never stopped and the talking was sometimes light, and sometimes deep, but it was all good!
So below is our trip in pictures. I wanted to see as many temples as possible, but this is all we could fine and it ended up being a rainy day when we set out to see them. I still got some good shots.


Mount Tippanogas temple. Not sure if I spelled that right.

Jordan River temple. It's very pretty, but not my favorite.


Bountiful temple at night. This is by far my most favorite picture. It is so majestic and so beautiful!

We also did a lot of eating.


This is a pasta dish at the firehouse grill. It was so tasty and they served us cheesy bread before so I was already kind of full on that, but still finished the WHOLE thing!


We stopped at this little ice cream shop in Kanab on the way up. I had a salad and then got 2 scoops of ice cream. Their 2 scoops was more like a half gallon of ice cream!


And of course....we shopped, and shopped, and shopped. Nothing like a brand new, comfortable Sketchers that you get on sale to wear so you can shop!


We saw hats and mittens that look like kittens! Hey I made a rhyme!!


We were in TJ Maxx, and Wendi found this chair that she fell in love with. She also looks pretty darn comfortable in that chair!.

We spent the night in Salt Lake City one night and Jacque did our hair and painted our toe nails. It was definitely an all girl night!



Wendi did Jacque's hair at her apartment. It turned out so cute and I don't even have a picture of the finished product. Just trust me!


The three of us did a temple session at the Logan Temple. Such a beautiful temple. It reminds me of a castle.

We went to Gardner's Village and they had the entire place decked out for Halloween and Fall. The place was packed but we were able to get a few shots without other people in the pictures.


She is so not a witch, but it was just too perfect of how the hat was hanging, so...
.

That's my twin sister with the hat on!!


Such a great time and so glad we were able to make the trip. Thanks Wendi, Curt, and Jacque for letting me be a part of your family for 2 weeks!!

3 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

So glad you could come!!! Hope we can have a sequel soon(: You are welcome anytime...hope you're having a great birthday week!

Sunderhaus Family said...

Okay so I am making a video for Jordan and I would have been SO mad if I hadn't seen that Wendi-as-a-cheetah picture in time. Heck yes.


Glad you had fun!

Wendi said...

Way too much fun for sure hey are you ready for another Ross trip!!! Hahaha maybe in the spring when the weather is amazing. Thanks for going with me and mostly for putting up with me. You are the best......