Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Resolutions, Goals, or Whatever

I haven't blogged for a while because my camera broke. I feel like if I don't have cute little pictures all over my post that it will be boring. So if your looking for pictures, sorry, won't find them here!

The New Year has come and gone and I made some resolutions and really tried this year to keep them. So here we go. Maybe if my friends know what they are, they can help me stay on track!

1. Take off the extra 6 pounds that found their way to my rear and tummy over the holidays, and try to maintain a healthy weight. After 2 to 3 weeks of laying off the carbs, they finally came off. The older I get the harder it is to try and stay fit. I know I'm not going to be the skinny little thing from my younger days, but why is it so hard to maintain! I went hiking the other day, and besides the fact that I was the oldest person there, and they had to wait for me in a couple of spots, I didn't do too bad. That was encouraging, however the past few days my legs are screaming at me when I use them. I workout 4 to 5 days a week and have never been this sore. I guess there is always room for improvement.

2. Be kinder to my husband. I don't know this is hard for me because I love him with every fiber of my being. I do think it has something to do with the way he teases me incessantly. That's his way of showing he loves me but there are times when I would really rather have a hug or kiss! Lately, with just the two of us here, things have been really great between us. I think I would enjoy him being retired and "around". I went golfing, well he golfed and I walked, with him and we had a great time. I am looking forward to when I can make the time to go with him again.

3. Read and study more about my beliefs and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am in a study group with 3 other women and I just marvel at how smart they are and know so much. We are studying the Old Testament. We have a study guide manual we are using and read the required reading then meet every week and discuss what we have read. I look forward to this, but still feel very insecure about my knowledge. Maybe that's because we are all constantly learning and growing.

4. Try not to be so judgmental about myself, my family, my friends, my associates, everyone. Someone will say something that they may not have meant it the way it was said, but it comes across bad. My first instinct is "what the heck" and "why did she or he have to say that?" I had an instance just yesterday that really bugged me and then saw the person the next day and I was very civil to them. I think in my old age that I am getting better, or I just don't really care!

5. Finish my table and chairs. I have 4 chairs, 2 of them are captain chairs that are completely sanded. It takes FOREVER to sand in between the spokes on the back of them and in the cracks where the wood meets. My goal is to have all chairs and table sanded by the end of March. Still not sure if I want to do a black stain or black paint.

Well those are my goals, resolutions, or whatever you want to call them. They're attainable and not hard. I just need to not kick myself so much when I fail and as they say, get back on the horse and try again!

No comments: